The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a State Corporation established in Kenya in 1979 through the Science and Technology (Repealed) Act, Cap 250 of the Laws of Kenya and as currently established and dully accredited to continue to operate as such, under the Science Technology and Innovation Act, 2013 as the national body responsible for carrying out research in health in Kenya.
KEMRI’s vision is “to be a leading c entre of excellence in research for human health ” and its mission is “ to improve human health and quality of life through research , capacity building , innovation and service delivery”
KEMRI seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced persons to fill the following positions:-
1. CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER (GRANTS) – JOB GROUP MR/14 – (1 POSITION)
2. RESEARCH SCIENTIST (NON COMMUNICABLE DISEASES) – JOB GROUPS MR/12/13 – (2 POSITIONS)
3. CHIEF LEGAL OFFICER – JOB GROUP MR/14 -(1 POSITION)
4. CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR– JOB GROUP MR/14 – (1 POSITION)
5. INTERNAL AUDITOR – JOB GROUP MR/9 – (3 POSITIONS)
6. GRAPHIC DESIGNER – JOB GROUP MR/9 – (1 POSITION)
7. RESEARCH OFFICER (DENTAL) – JOB GROUP MR/11 – (1 POSITION)
8. SUPPLIES OFFICER 1 – JOB GROUP MR/10 –(2 POSITIONS)
9. CHIEF/PRINCIPAL RESEARCH OFFICER (RESEARCH REGULATION/ETHICS) – JOB GROUP MR/13/14 – (1 POSITION)
10. SENIOR RESEARCH OFFICER (RESEARCH REGULATION) – JOB GROUP MR/12 – (3 POSITIONS)
11. RESEARCH SCIENTIST – JOB GROUP MR/9/11- (10 POSITIONS)
12. RESEARCH OFFICER (MENTAL HEALTH) – JOB GROUP MR/11 (2 POSITIONS)
13. RESEARCH SCIENTIST (PARASITOLOGY)- JOB GROUP MR/11/13 (2 POSITIONS)
14. RESEARCH SCIENTIST (MICROBIOLOGY)- JOB GROUP MR/9/11 (2 POSITIONS)
15. CLINICAL OFFICER – JOB GROUP MR/8/9 – (2 POSITIONS)
16. ASSISTANT RESEARCH OFFICER (PATHOLOGY) – JOB GROUP MR/10 – (1 POSITION)
17. MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER II, JOB GROUP MR/9 (2 POSITIONS)
18. ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST – JOB GROUP MR/7/8 (2 POSITIONS)
19. LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST – JOB GROUP MR/7/8 (4 POSITIONS)
20. ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT/ACCOUNTANT III/II –JOB GROUP MR/ 7/8/9 – (3 POSITIONS)
For more details on the above positions log on to KEMRI Website www.kemri.org
Interested candidates should send six (6) copies of their applications enclosing a detailed CV, copies of certified certificates, professional qualifications, email address, a day time telephone contact and the details and contact information for three referees to the following address, not later than 10th of April, 2015.
The Director, Kenya Medical Research Institute,
P.O. Box 54840-00200, NAIROBI, (Attn: Head of Human Resources)
Please write the Vacancy Number and Position applied for on the envelope and in the subject Line of the Application letter. Applications must be sent through the address in the advert.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer.
(POSITION DETAILS TO BE PLACED ON THE KEMRI WEBSITE)