By MN Reporter
Homa Bay governor Gladys Wanga has emerged as the best governor in the country and most improved in recent opinion poll.
Daily Nation, a national daily and InfoTrak did the poll which saw Wanga, who took over from Cyprian Awiti jump from position 45 in last polls, to the first alongside Trans Nzoia governor George Natembeya.
Wanga scored an impressive 70 per cent in the ranking in the polls.
Migori governor Ochillo Ayacko, who took over from Okoth Obado managed to pull in at number 25 out of 47 counties in the same polls.
Obado in previous polls have been performing better in those positions.
In Nyanza region Kisii governor Simba Arati was second nationally followed by Kisumu governor Anyang’ Nyong’o.
The survey had an overall sample of 58,748.
Here is the ranking:
- Homa Bay- Gladys Wanga,
- (1) Trans Nzoia- George Natembeya
- West Pokot- Simon Kachapin
- Kisii- Simba Arati
- (4) Murang’a- Irungu Kang’ata
- (4) Turkana- Jeremiah Lomurkai
- (4) Makueni- Mutula Kilonzo Junior
- Elgeyo Marakwet- Wesley Rotich
- (8) Meru- Kawira Mwangaza
- (8) Kitui- Julius Malombe’
- Embu- Cecily Mbarire
- (11) Narok- Patrick Ole Ntutu
- Kisumu- Anyang’ Nyong’o
- (13) Machakos- Wavinya Ndeti
- (13) Tharaka Nithi- Muthomi Njuki
- (13) Mandera- Mohammed Khalif
- Samburu- Jonathan Leleliit
- (17) Kirinyaga- Anne Waiguru
- (17) Nyeri-Mutahi Kahiga
- Bungoma- Ken Lusaka
- Mombasa- Andullswamad Shariff
- (21) Kilifi- Gideon Mung’aro
- Uasin Gishu- Jonathan Bii
- (23) Nairobi- Johnson Sakaja
- (23) Vihiga- Wilberforce Ottichilo
- (23) Kakamega- Ferdinand Baraza
In the above ranking some positions have been shared ending at 23.