By MN Reporter
Unlike in the past when they snubbed President William Ruto’s visit in Nyanza area on Friday Raila Odinga allies united to give the President an arousing welcome as he landed in Homabay town where he launched a series of projects and promised new ones to be commissioned soon.
Area leaders led by Homa Bay governor Gladys Wanga and her Migori counterpart Ochillo Ayacko, Homa Bay senator Moses Kajwang and a host of a host of MPs from Homabay, Migori, Kisumu counties lined up at Kabunde Airstrip to welcome Ruto to the region.
In rare show of unity in diversity, Ruto was visibly happy as they hugged, and shook hands at ease with the President trashing their initial political parallels to the dustbin as Ruto was motivated and opened up his bag of goodies and promised a set of new projects to be initiated and implemented in the region that voted almost man to woman for the opposition.
Ruto joked that in the last general elections, Azimio leader got 25 percent of the total votes cast in central and 28 in Rift Valley, but Homa Bay people who are now benefiting from his regime only gave him 1 percent which he equated to the size of a rat.
Ruto said they will serve all Kenyans equally regardless of their political party or ethnic orientation.
- President Ruto promised to build new piers in Homa Bay, Kendu Bay and Mbita in fresh plans to promote blue economy.
- Build a Sh345 million fish market in Homa Bay, complete with cold storage facilities.
- A 12 km tarmac road round Homa Bay county by December this year
- Launched 5000 affordable housing project in Homa Bay Town and promised that the housing project will be expanded to other townships such as Mbita, Oyugis, Sindo and Kendu Bay.
- Construct a modern market at Shauri Yako slums at a tune of Sh345million before the end of the year.
- Ruto further promised that the National government will allocate Sh 1billion to sort out the water issue within the County.
- All the roads which have stalled within Homa Bay will be completed.
- Ruto at the same time said that his government will avail 2million tree seedlings in addition to another 2million others from the County Government for the locals to plant to improve the forest cover in Homa Bay
- During the visit,the President toured Tom Mboya University
- Launched Homa Bay main modern market