Sh700,000 donation to Nyabisawa Girls dorm fire tragedy

By MN Reporter

The county government and well-wishers have donated matresses ,blankets ,toiletries among other valuable items worth Sh700,000 to Nyabisawa Girls students following a fire outbreak in the school.

The fire was caused by an electric fault destroyed properties worth Sh1.5million belonging
to students and the school

The incident comely barely two weeks after fire razed down a dormitory at Kehancha Mixed Secondary School.
Speaking during the donation Chief officer in the ministry of environment and disaster management Joshua Ngwala assured the school that the ministry is committed to give full support.

He said the ministry is working on a policy which will ensure that all school have enough fire fighting equipment to avert such cases of fire incidences.

School principal Beatrice Kure said that the fire has completely destroyed property belonging to 15 students although no student was hurt during the fracas.

Kure said that they have constantly complained to the Migori Kenya power office about the fluctuating electricity in the school to no avail.

“We have a live wire on a tree in the school compound and our constant plea to have it checked have fallen on deaf ears,” she said.