By MN Reporter
It was big, brought the county to a standstill and sent political shockwaves well beyond August 9 polls when the DAP-K team had a homecoming.
Former Migori MP John Pesa unveiled his DG Matiko Bohoko, a politician from Kuria West constituency with several stop overs.
The homecoming started from Rongo, went to Awendo then Uriri before branching through Oyani-Masai to Kehancha Town, a route never taken before.
It ended up in Migori town Posta grounds which was filled to the brim.
“We have started a journey to form the next county government and the message we have sent today is that no amount of propaganda will derail our quest,” Pesa said.
Pesa said he was firmly in Azimio la Umoja One Kenya Alliance under the leadership of Raila Odinga and any message to the contrary was wrong.
Pesa was the former Migori MP (Suna East and Suna West) and hails from Karungu area in populous Nyatike constituency.
He picked Bohoko, who is from Kuria West constituency while his two other main rivals Ochillo Ayacko (ODM) and Dalmas Otieno (Jubilee) picked theirs from Kuria East.
While most political pundits thought Pesa’s homecoming was going to be lux, the number of people and the following political heavyweights who attended showed he has a following.
- Odipo Jawaswetta- Suna East MP aspirant on MDG ticket.
- Zilpah Audline- Woman Representative candidate on Independent ticket: “We are happy that PESA is sweet and only if it’s in your pocket. That is why we bring PESA to show that we have baba nationally and we are all his children on the ground.”
- Josephine Sirega- Woman Representative candidate on Independent ticket. “We were all in ODM, but the need to give voters a voice and a chance made us make decisions. But we all support Raila.”
- Lillian Akugo- Woman Representative candidate on Jubilee Party ticket.
- Dickson Ogola- former senator aspirant who endorsed Pesa. He attacked Ayacko since “he did nothing for Migori when he was a minister and when he was a senator. We will send him home.”
- Mzee Riogi Riogi- Suba Council of Elders chairman. Said they won’t tolerate any violence in governor politics as seen in the past.
We are watching the space!
All the Obado sympathizers have joined Dache’s bandwagon, Obado leadership should not rejuvenate in Migori county through Dache.
We are skeptical, we gonna be led by Obado proxies.